- Completion of Financial accounts under supervision
- Completion of basic tax calculations and returns under supervision
- Completion of VAT returns under supervision
- Dealing with Companies House correspondence and returns
- Dealing with communication and correspondence when instructed
- Organising the office, managing data
- Project work (where applicable)
- Assist on larger audit assignments
- Support payroll bureau if requested at busy periods
- Accounts preparation direct to Partner
- VAT and Tax computations direct to partner
- Book keeping for clients on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Ad hoc tax work under instruction
- Assist with audit assignments
Once experienced in the role duties may include:
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Ideally be educated to A-level standard
- Undertake an agreed route with AAT or ACCA or have already started training in this area.
- Have strong numeracy skills, proficient IT skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Been keen to learn quickly in a busy office environment
- Take on responsibility for tasks and roles where instructed
- Enjoy working as a team
- Have a strong understanding of the workings of an office
- Experience in dealing with professionals at different levels
- Be IT literate and enjoy working in a financial environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have good organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a larger team.
- Have the motivation and desire to study toward an accounting qualification.
- Be enthusiastic to take on roles and responsibilities in your own right.
08:45 - 17:30
Up to £19,000.00 (DOE)
Interested in this position?
If you are interested in this position, please fill out your details below and provide a copy of your CV and we will endeavour to get back to you. We are also available during our opening hours via email or telephone and it is possible to apply for jobs by contacting us directly. We would be happy to answer your questions or offer any help!